Incase you missed it, here's a picture of the fireplace restyle we featured on Monday . . .
Looks pretty good! This fireplace was disassembled and brought into Mango Reclaimed for a restyle a couple of months ago. We changed it from brown and boring to bright and beautiful with these easy steps:
1. van Gogh paint the fireplace with an undercoat in 'Cashmere' and an overcoat in 'Morning Mist'.
2. Once dry, mildly distress the paint using a fine sanding block and remove any excess dust.
3. Using a brush apply van Gogh antiquing glaze overall.
4. Using a damp rag, 'pull off' most of the antiquing glaze, leaving it built up in the details and looking nice and 'clean' in the large flat areas.
(a couple of side by side, before and after glazing pictures)
(a detail picture showing the distressing as well as the antique glaze 'built up' and highlighting the details)
5. Reassemble the fireplace and admire your handiwork!